Job Title Associate Program Manager
Job ID Number 12:073
Company Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Location Healdsburg, CA
Job Category Aerospace/Aviation/Defense
Job Description General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems in Healdsburg is a small, but very profitable sector of the global General Dynamics Company. We design, test, and manufacture high performance compact control actuators for Missile Defense, guided ordnance, and cutting edge aerospace applications. Our small size of 134 employees allows us to be nimble and responsive to customer needs, while maintaining a close knit innovative engineering/R and D environment. For 23 years our designs have successfully pushed the envelope of servo technology, material capability, and manufacturing techniques to deliver products that outperform the competition at a fraction of their cost. Our workplace is efficient and rewarding. We are located in the center of Sonoma Countys wine country, offering quality of life and recreational opportunities that are consistently ranked top in the nation.
Come work for GD:OTS and be a part of:
* A dynamic, responsive, fast paced team.
* Concept:through:delivery design of state of the art electro:mechanical actuators that operate in extreme environments.
* An open, innovative environment that thrives on new ideas and demonstration of capability through prototyping and sustaining production.
* A unique geographical location that provides nationally acclaimed opportunities for outdoor activities, culinary enthusiasts, relaxation, and an ideal climate for any hobby. .
Summary: Provides associate level (deputy) program support to large aerospace and DoD programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Working under limited supervision, serves as associate to the program manager. Works with the program manager to do program planning and variance analysis, schedule development and tracking. Assists or leads proposal development and carries proposal planning into charge number authorization and monitoring. Works effectively with other departments to complete tasks above. It is also expected that the APM will begin to take on tasks in the area of strategic program planning, program execution, customer contact and negotiation, the purpose being to provide a foundation for growth into a Program Management position.
Job Dimensions :Exempt position, requires flexibility in work hours in order to ensure tasks are completed in support of program requirements. Interfaces with all other disciplines within organization and external customer. Other duties as assigned by manager.
* Earned value management system expertise, with experience in contract performance reporting per DI:MGMT:81466A desired
* Strong computer skills (MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint are essential; ProPricer or other proposal applications are desired)
* Extremely organized and detail:oriented
* Team:oriented and skilled in team:building
* Technical background